Sunday, January 11, 2009





Muesli Bread

I've been playing with baguettes for some time now and thought that it was time to give it a rest. There is still one more thing to do and that's to bake it on the hearth. This week, I decided to do a muesli bread as I am getting a little jaded eating baguettes.

For this bake, I used a wholewheat preferment. The amount of WW used was 25% of the total flour used. The muesli mix consisted of rolled oats, corn flakes, black sesame, pumpkin and golden flax seeds, almond flakes and sultanas. The hydration was  75%. This was mixed in the morning and after I came back from my weekly yoga kriya session, I started the bake at around 3pm. When I returned, the dough was nicely risen. 

When they came out of the oven, the aroma was heavenly. The crumb was not too bad. It was delicious with butter.

No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...