Thursday, August 22, 2019

Zebra Doves

My favourite birds like to forage in my backyard. They are highly prized for their singing in South East Asia. They may cost as much as SGD$30000.00 per bird depending on their singing quality. The birds are categorised by classes A, B and C. I am not familiar with the intricacies of this hobby as I don't believe in keeping birds in cages but I think the classes are about the pitch of the bird call. I have learnt to mimic their calls quite closely to the extent that I can imitate the calls of the expensive birds.

When I mimic the calls of the Spotted Doves or the Zebra doves, they will come to the backyard expecting a treat. Sometimes when they arrive and see me, the Zebra doves will make s clicking sound as if they were telling me to feed them.





No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...