Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Hamelman's Roasted Potato Bread
My wife made a loaf of Potato bread recently and I was very surprised by the depth of flavor of the bread. I decided to try out Hamelman's version of Roasted Potato Bread. The bread is 85% bread flour and 15% wholewheat. Roasted potatoes was 25% of the flour weight. Since this was the first time that I had made this bread, I made a lot of mistakes including a very silly one of not mashing the potatoes sufficiently. Hamelman commented that roasting the potatoes concentrated their flavor. It was also the first time that I had tried the fendu shape and I realise that I did not have a sufficiently long dowel for the job.

No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...