Sunday, March 15, 2009








A visit to Le Grenier A Pain

Last Thursday,  I had lunch with a couple of ex-colleagues at the new Sembawang shopping center and was surprised to find a French bakery with an assortment of nice looking French bread. There was a bundle of baguettes there which caught my eye. One of the loaves was sliced in half showing a very holey crumb. 

After I had finished my weekly kriya session on Sunday morning, I popped in to have a better look and the baker himself was in the shop. Unfortunately, I did not have the chance to talk to him as he was in some sort of conference with the shop owner. I picked up a baguette for afternoon tea. It looks like a fun baguette to replicate and I'd probably be back to baguettes in the weeks to come.



No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...